Saturday, January 7, 2012

Should I help this person or not...?

I am confused and would like the opinion of a complete stranger. Someone REALLY close to me is incarcerated. They are there because they physically harmed me. When the event took place, they were hallucinating and were delusional. I thought they may have been on drugs. Later we found out they are Manic-Depressive (Bipolar). That person didn't know it and neither did I. After researching, I learned that hallucinations, not sleeping, not eating, loss of ual desire so on are part of the symptoms. I know that if this person goes to court without a paid lawyer, they are going to end up going to go to jail for a VERY long time. Morally, I am conflicted. I don't think that is what they need. I believe they need help and not punishment. Should I help obtain an attorney?

No comments:

Post a Comment